It’s been hot and dusty and your car is probably in need of a good clean inside and out before you head off for the summer break and Wilko has everything you need to keep in sparkling inside and out.
Always clean the inside of your car first to avoid dragging the vacuum cleaner over wet ground. Race through the cleaning with helpful hints:
• Have a bin bag handy to get rid of empty food wrappers and parking tickets wedged in the seats!
• Clean all your glass including wing mirrors, rear view mirrors, windscreens and windows with a specialist glass cleaner and a microfibre cloth to prevent streaks.
• Tackle any stains with a good quality fabric cleaner or leather cleaner depending on your seat’s material. When you’re done, leave the doors open to allow them to dry before starting on the outside.
Perfect your paintwork
• Give your car a good dousing of water to remove any pieces of grit and dirt that could scratch your car when using the sponge.
• Clean from the top and work your way down with a bucket of water mixed with car shampoo.
• Don’t forget to give your tyres some attention too! An alloy wheel cleaner will have them looking as good as new and a tyre shine will give your tyres a ‘just left the forecourt’ look.
• To get your car as clean as a whistle use a chamois leather to dry it off, leaving a gorgeous streak-free shine.
• If your bumpers and trim need some TLC, restore them to their former glory with this shine spray. It’ll protect against fading and weathering too.