TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you have any questions, please contact the Centre Manager, 1st Floor 24 Broad Street King’s Lynn Norfolk PE30 1DP.
1 THE SITE
The Site provides you with access to information about services and activities at our Centre, including those provided by third parties (the “Services”).
Although we update our Site regularly, information can change and sometimes could be out of date.
2 YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO VANCOUVER QUARTER
You promise that all details and information you provide to us for the purpose of registering on the Site and using the Services are correct and that you will update them if they change.
We grant you a limited licence to access and use the Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to copy, store or use the Site in any way other than its intended use.
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Site (which includes the content, the way it is laid out and the “Vancouver Quarter” trade marks) belong to us or our licensors and you have no rights to use them outside of the Site.
The Site and/or Services may allow users to send or upload videos, photos, text or other information (“User Content”). We want a wide range of users to be able to access and enjoy the Site, so when using the Site and/or Services you promise to:
- Act lawfully: don’t act in any way that could be unlawful or encourage others to act unlawfully. In particular, don’t infringe intellectual property rights, don’t reveal confidential or sensitive information and don’t engage in any criminal offence.
- Act responsibly: don’t pretend to be someone else or act in any way that is harassing, defamatory, threatening, obscene, abusive, racist, sexist, offensive or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate in context of the Site.
- Act reasonably: don’t use your access to the Site in any way that may affect the running of the Site or any network or systems connected to them. Remember, interfering with others’ websites, apps, networks or systems can be a criminal offence.
Although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the User Content, we reserve the right, and have absolute discretion, to screen, monitor, edit or remove any User Content at any time and for any reason without notice.
We provide users with access to social media content (including but not limited to our Twitter account and Facebook page) (“Social Media Platforms”), which may also be available via the Site. Social Media Platforms have their own terms and conditions, privacy policies and age restrictions. You promise us that you will comply with these when using the Site to interact with Social Media Platforms. We are not responsible for the processing or handling of your data by Social Media Platforms.
You grant us and our affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, perform and display (with the right to sub-license) any User Content you supply (either directly or via Social Media Platforms), along with any information about you submitted with your User Content, if we choose.
If any member of the Vancouver Quarter retailers is subject to any claim, or request for information about your use of the Site, we may disclose information about you at our discretion. We can do this without telling you.
3 OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
You acknowledge that the Site is provided as a convenience to you. We do not make any promises about the availability of the Site or the content or functionality of them. Sometimes, for technical, legal or operational reasons, the Site may not be available. We may suspend your access to the Site at any time in our discretion.
We are not responsible to you for any damages, losses, costs or expenses you suffer arising out of your use of the Site or if the Site are unavailable, do not function as anticipated or are inaccurate. We recommend you should take regular back-up copies of your own data and use the latest virus checking software.
The Site contains links to other websites which are independent of Vancouver Quarter. We are not responsible for the contents of any third party websites or any goods/services provided to you by a third party. We are not responsible to you for damages, losses, costs or expenses of any sort incurred as the result any third parties who you may interact with in connection with your use of the Site or the Services.
1 INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
“Personal data” is information about you from which we can identify you (either on its own, or by piecing it together with other information). The types of personal data we collect about you may include:
- Title, name, postal address, email address, telephone number, car registration number, credit or debit card number and expiry date;
- Information about your use of our centre (“Centre”);
- Information about your use of our website (the “Site”). Some of this information may also be automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier, browser type, browser language and access times. We may also automatically collect your location information (if you have consented to this on your device);
- Information about your preferences, including brands you like and ads you like, dislike, click on or share with others;
- Demographic information; and
- Other information which you give us when dealing with us or interacting with us in any way, including via third parties.
- Personal data does not include aggregate data where you cannot be identified (e.g. statistics about usage in general or in categories).
2 HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We may collect personal data when you deal with us or interact with us, which could be via any one of the following methods:
- When you use the Site;
- When you visit a Centre;
- When you use WiFi at a Centre;
- When you interact with us directly (e.g. telephoning, writing or emailing us, buying gift cards or services from us, participating in promotions and competitions and attending events);
- When you interact with us via third parties (e.g. via brand partners and social media platforms – see below); and
- From third parties (e.g. through third party surveys and market research you participate in).
3 HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In all circumstances the personal data we hold about you will be adequate, relevant and not excessive. We will use your personal data in line with your legal rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. Details of your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website www.ico.org.uk.
We may use your personal data to:
- Provide you with information, products, services or experiences that you request from us;
- Provide reservation or booking services;
- Compile your profile;
- Provide and personalise our products and services to you/your preferences, including making predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display targeted ads, content, features, deals and offers that match your profile or we believe will be of interest to you;
- Keep track of your activity patterns and preferences in order to improve the level of service you receive and to increase the functionality of the Site, including monitoring and analysing usage and trends, determining the effectiveness of our ads and personalising and improving the Site;
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Inform you of products, services, experiences or promotions which we feel may be of interest to you where you have indicated that you wish to be contacted for such purposes by post, email, SMS, telephone, through the Site or social media platforms, or other means of electronic communication (and where you have indicated that you are happy to be contacted by third parties, you may be contacted about products, services, experiences or promotions by those third parties);
- Ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/tablet/mobile;
- Send you push notifications;
- Interact with you on social media platforms;
- Allow you to participate in any interactive features of our products, services and experiences, when you choose to do so;
- Request feedback from you;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests and complaints and provide customer service; and
- Send you surveys, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site, including to notify you about important changes, to detect fraud.
4 HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE
Your personal data is held on a secure database.
We have policies, rules and technical measures in place to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
We ensure that your personal data will not automatically be disclosed by us to government institutions or authorities. However, if required by law, or when we receive a request from regulatory bodies or law enforcement organisations, we may disclose your information.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet are not secure unless they have been encrypted.
We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal data that is beyond our control.
5 HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data to any of the following:
- Our staff;
- Our affiliates;
- Our group companies and their staff;
- Suppliers and service providers who may access your personal data when providing products or services to us;
- Purchasers or potential purchasers of our business or any part of it or of a Centre;
- Government bodies and law enforcement agencies and in response to legal or regulatory requests; and
- Auditors or other advisers auditing, assisting with or advising on any aspect of our business or a Centre.
We may also share information or statistics with third parties in an aggregated or anonymised form that does not directly identify you, e.g. we may share aggregated information about your interests and geographic preferences and/or location (if given) with advertisers and third party deal sites for marketing purposes.
Other than ensuring that we have complied with our own obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, we are not responsible for the actions of suppliers and service providers or other third parties in the use they may make of your personal data.
6 YOUR OWN SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When you post in any profile, comments, forums and other interactive features of the Site, or share personal data with individuals through the Site or social media platforms, this personal data will be available to other users and in some cases may be publicly available outside of the Site (e.g. on social media platforms).
7 OUR ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
If you interact with us on social media platforms, (for example, if you ‘Like’ our Facebook Page or post on our Facebook timeline, or if you follow us or mention us in a tweet on Twitter) we can interact with you and send you things via these platforms.
The personal data we have access to through social media platforms will depend on your personal settings on these platforms. We will have access to all public information on these platforms. We may also be able to access personal data that others share about you (because they control how that is shared, not you).
We may collect any data that is accessible to us or that you provide through social media platforms, including but not limited to your Facebook and/or Twitter profile picture, gender, and usernames. We will interact with you through social media platforms in accordance with each platform’s rules but we are not responsible for how the platform owners collect and handle your data. We are not responsible for what third parties post on our social media accounts.
- The fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our Site, or alternatively, your IP address;
- The date and time you accessed each page on our Site;
- The URL of any webpage from which you accessed our Site (the referrer); and
- The web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
We use this information to improve our Site and so that we can tell which pages are the most popular and where shoppers spend most of their time.
9 YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can write to us at any time to obtain a copy of your personal data and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Where appropriate, you may have your personal data erased, rectified, amended or completed. Please email email@example.com.
When writing to us to obtain a copy of your personal data, please quote your name and address and provide brief details of the personal data of which you would like a copy of, or which you would like to be corrected, because this will help us more easily locate your personal data.
We will require proof of your identity before providing you with details of any personal data we may hold about you. We may charge £10 to cover the administration costs involved in providing you with a copy of your personal data.
10 HOW TO OPT OUT
If you would like us to stop contacting you with information about our products, services, experiences, or promotions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11 THIRD PARTIES AND THE PRIVACY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may be able to access third party websites and apps from the Site. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites and apps. We recommend that you check the policy of each website and app and contact the operator of the website or publisher of the app if you have concerns or questions.